- Current Board Member and Chair
- The Board
A/Prof Michael Richard Kohn is the Chairman of ADHD Australia.
Michael is currently holding an academic position as Clinical Associate Professor Faculty of Medicine Discipline of Paediatrics, Sydney University.
His current Clinical Title is Co-Director Eating Disorder Service Senior Staff Specialist.
Michael has been involved within the medical profession for many years and also holds a Honorary Staff Specialist appointment at Sydney Children’s Hospital and Honorary Staff Specialist, Department of Adolescent Medicine at Westmead Hospital. Other previous roles include Fellow, Adolescent Medicine, Albert Einstein College of Medicine New York 1993-1996
Other Professional appointments held:
- Honorary Associate in the School of Development and Learning, Sydney University, 2001- 2012
- Consulting paediatrician, Brain Resource Company, Sydney, 2001- present.
- Consulting paediatrician, The Jewish Children’s Support Centre and Jewish House, Sydney, 2002- present.
- Head ADHD research, Brain Dynamic Centre (BDC), Westmead Millennium Institute, Westmead Hospital, 2005-present.
- Member NBPSA (pending)
ADHD research ARC, NHMRC funding
Directorship roles include The Butterfly Foundation
Why ADHD Australia?
I look forward to linking professional and community interests in the field of ADHD, and translation of clinical and scientific knowledge for families, media, industry and community.
Qualifications: NSWMBBS, FRACP, FACPM
MBBS (UNSW) Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (part 1)
ECFMG (American Medical Board Examination)
Fellow Royal Australasian College of Physicians: Fellow Australian College of Psychological Medicine: Clinical Associate Professor, Faculty of Medicine, SU: PhD Anxiety and ADHD (submitted August 2015).