There has been quite a number of online articles and downloadable resources which various organisations have prepared during these extraordinary times of Covid-19. ADHD Australia would like to share with you a number of those which have caught our eye and may provide that litte bit of extra information you require during this time.
From the 'Australian ADHD Professionals Association (AADPA)'
1. Advice for health and social care professionals on the support and management of people with ADHD during the COVID-19 crisis.
Click here to go to this resource. https://aadpa.com.au/adhd-support-and-management-during-the-covid-19-crisis/
2. Advice for adults with ADHD which outlines some strategies on ‘’How To Support Your Mental Health And Well-Being During Lockdown.’’
Click here to go to this resource. https://aadpa.com.au/strategies-for-adults-with-adhd-during-covid-19/
From the ‘Raising Children Network'
1. The Raising Children Network has prepared a number of helpful factsheets with general information to assist Australian parents through this Covid-19 crisis in managing ADHD in children and teens.
Click here to go to these resources. https://raisingchildren.net.au/guides/coronavirus-covid-19-guide
These handy guides include topics such as: ‘’Coronavirus (COVID-19) and children in Australia’’ and ‘’Physical distancing and children with disability, autism and other conditions’’.
2. There is even a hand washing handy tips guide for children which can be downloaded. Click here to download this resources. https://raisingchildren.net.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0024/81960/Hand-washing-for-children-and-teenagers-PIP.pdf
Headspace is a national health related charity which provides tailored and holistic mental health support to 12 - 25 year olds. They have created a number of general helpful resources in coping with the stresses which can be related to the Covid-19
These resources on various topics can be found be following the links below.
1. ‘How to cope with stress related to Coronavirus (COVID-19)’ - https://headspace.org.au/assets/Uploads/headspace-Fact-Sheet-Coping-with-COVID-19-Stress-v1.pdf
2. ‘Responding to family conflict’ - https://headspace.org.au/assets/Uploads/20200416-COVID19-Family-Conflict-Factsheet-hN.pdf