Our social media pages aim to be a safe and supportive space to learn, share helpful resources and advocate for systemic positive change for people with ADHD.
We encourage positive and productive discussions on the topics to ensure our online community is respectful at all times.
Our Community Guidelines apply to anyone visiting and interacting on ADHD Australia social media platforms, which are listed below.
Responding to messages and comments:
ADHD Australia volunteers manage and moderate our social media pages. We will do our best to respond to messages and comments within 3-5 business days, however it may take longer. We appreciate your patience.
Our pages are NOT moderated by ADHD clinicians and mental health counsellors, so we cannot provide clinical advice or referrals regarding diagnosis, treatment etc. We can direct people to available mental health support services, such as Lifeline and Beyond Blue.
Messages that include abusive language will not be responded to, and may be blocked.
How we moderate our pages:
Our moderators reserve the right to hide or delete comments and block anyone who breaches our Social Media Community Guidelines.
We may hide or delete comments that moderators consider to be:
- Abusive, offensive or unlawful: Harassment, bullying or provoking other community members, swearing, derogatory language and expression of views that are racist, sexist, homophobic, predatory or sexually explicit are not acceptable.
- Posts we deem to be potentially defamatory or that violate privacy laws. Where there is unreasonable or inappropriate disclosure of someone else’s personal information, accounts will be blocked and reported.
- Spam or harmful: Copied and pasted, duplicated or off-topic posts will be removed. We do not tolerate posts containing links to harmful or suspicious websites or applications.
- Misleading information or misinformation: Information that is false, unfounded or misleading, whether intentional or not, will be removed.
- An infringement of intellectual property rights: Respect and acknowledge original creators when sharing content.
- Promotional: We do not accept advertisements, requests to endorse commercial products or services or soliciting donations.
- Political in nature: While we welcome the discussion of policies and initiatives that impact people with ADHD, it is not the place to discuss political parties and personalities.
- Disruptive statements: comments meant to hijack conversations or throw discussions off track may be hidden or deleted.
- Off-topic: To create meaningful and valuable discussion, please stay on topic when commenting on posts to the page. We may hide or delete, especially where comments are inflammatory in nature.
- Personal details: As these are public pages, we will remove any posts that contain private information or personal details, such as email addresses or phone numbers.
Help keep our pages safe
Help us keep our online community safe and respectful for everyone.
If you think that a comment has broken any of our Community Guidelines, please contact us.